- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 10 1/16 inches (33.3 × 25.5 cm), Image: 12 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (31.8 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back, upper cente: "GEORGE III (1738-1820), KING OF ENGLAND (1760-1820) | Engraving by G. S. & J. G. FACIUS, PORTRAIT by WILHELM BERCZY | VON MOLL, (1748-1813) | ASHMOLEAN MUSEUM, OXFORD"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "17A"
Collector's mark, verso: "ASHMOLEAN MUSEUM | DUPLICATE | SOLD BY AUTHORITY"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by W,, Berczy"; lower right: "Engrav'd by G,, S,, & J,, G,, Facius"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | badge | bust | coat | cravat | cross (object) | king (person) | man | medal | portrait | royalty | sash | star | The Most Noble Order of the Garter | uniform | wig
- Associated People:
- George III (1738–1820), king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and king of Hanover
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.