IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Three Sketches of a Figure Asleep, Probably Adam and Eve for "Satan Discovered at the Ear of Eve", undated
Three Sketches of a Figure Asleep, Probably Adam and Eve for "Satan Discovered at the Ear of Eve"
- Graphite on medium smooth beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (14 x 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1094", on verso in graphite, upper center: "Sept 93"; center: "[...] 1071"; lower right: "1071"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure | figure study | reclining | religious and mythological subject | sketches
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.