- Three Sketches of a Figure Asleep, Probably Adam and Eve for "Satan Discovered at the Ear of Eve"
- Graphite on medium smooth beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (14 x 13.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1094", on verso in graphite, upper center: "Sept 93"; center: "[...] 1071"; lower right: "1071"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure | figure study | reclining | religious and mythological subject | sketches
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Three Sketches of a Figure Asleep, Probably Adam and Eve for "Satan Discovered at the Ear of Eve", undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.