Arundel Castle and Town
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 3rd state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 × 14 7/8 inches (27.6 × 37.8 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 12 3/4 inches (26 × 32.4 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 9 5/8 inches (16.8 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.278"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "England & Wales Third state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "70"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A."; lettered, lower center: "Arundel Castle and Town, | Sussex | London, Published 1834, by Moon, Boys & Graves, 6, Pall Mall."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by T.Jeavons | Printed by McQueen."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Arun | Arundel | Arundel Castle | England | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Jeavons, ca. 1800–1867, British, Arundel Castle and Town, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.