- Fishing Vessels in a Heavy Swell off the Coast
- Watercolor over graphite with scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 14 1/4 inches (24.1 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand lower left in brown ink: "G. Chambers | 1857"
Signed in artist's hand lower left in brown ink: "G. Chambers | 1857"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | coast | coastline | fishing | fishing boats | fishing vessels | marine art | sails | sea | seascape | ship | ships | town | vessels (watercraft) | waves (natural events) | windmill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George William Crawford Chambers, 1830–ca. 1900, British, Fishing Vessels in a Heavy Swell off the Coast, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.