- Shipping off the Mumbles
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches (19.1 x 29.2 cm), Frame: 15 1/4 x 20 1/4 x 1 inches (38.7 x 51.4 x 2.5 cm), and Mount: 9 3/4 × 13 3/4 inches (24.8 × 34.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in brown ink lower left: "G Chambers 1838"
Collector's mark: Artist's mark "Chambers"
Signed in artist's hand in brown ink lower left: "G Chambers 1838"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art | sails | sea | ship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Chambers, 1803–1840, British, Shipping off the Mumbles, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.