- An Admiralty Yacht Running Inshore at Tenby
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 16 1/2 in. (29.2 x 41.9 cm)
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "N. Pocock 1792"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | coast | coastline | flags | marine art | military art | military, the | navy | rocks (landforms) | sails | sea | seascape | ship | ships | shoreline | waves (natural events) | yacht
- Associated Places:
- Carmarthen Bay | Europe | Pembrokeshire | Tenby | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Christie's (UK), Christie's Sale Catalogue: Maritime and Naval Battles. Wednesday 8 November 2006, Christie's, 2006, p. 81, Lot 327, fig. 327, Sales Catalogues (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Nicholas Pocock, 1740–1821, British, An Admiralty Yacht Running Inshore at Tenby, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.