View of the Tryall in Two Positions
- Pen and black ink and gray wash over graphite on medium, slightley textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 × 21 1/8 inches (38.4 × 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "A VIEW OF THE TRYALL WILLIAM SAUNDERS Comm.dr"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "N. Pocock. 1779"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The U Collection. In appreciation of Choh Shiu and Man Foo U, loving parents, and Dorothea and Frank Cockett, dear friends
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | coat of arms | commander | crest | flags | marine art | military art | sails | sea | seascape | ships | warship
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Eleanor Hughes, Seascapes : marine paintings and watercolors from the U Collection [wall labels], , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2009, p. , V 2165 (YCBA)
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, pp. 240, 201 (fn 1), ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA)