A Shooting Party: Mr. C. Leslie and Mr. John Leslie
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash, and gray wash on thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- 9 5/8 x 10 1/2 inches (24.4 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Mar Oct. 1833 | Sir E. Landseer | W. C. Leslie"; in brown ink, lower right: "Mr. John Leslie"
Watermark: Kent (letters)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "Mar Oct. 1833 | Sir E. Landseer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | figure study | men | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- Aberdeenshire | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, A Shooting Party: Mr. C. Leslie and Mr. John Leslie, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.