A Moonlit Landscape with Cattle by a Pool
- ca. 1780
- Soft-ground etching, aquatint, black chalk, white chalk, and gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 10 1/16 x 12 3/4 inches (25.5 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "TGa | 18 3/0 x | Gainsborough"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cottage | dog (animal) | evening | farm | farmer | herd | landscape | leisure | men | moon | moonlight | night | orchard | pool | reeds | reflections | sitting | women | woods
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Susan Sloman, Gainsborough in London, Modern Art Press, London, p. 227, no. 162, NJ18.G16 S56 2021 Oversize (YCBA)