The New Wembley
- ca. 1925
- lithograph mounted on canvas
- Mount: 122 x 82 3/4 inches (309.9 x 210.2 cm) and Sheet: 118 5/16 x 79 3/16 inches (300.5 x 201.1 cm)
drawn on stone in artist's hand: "V. Hicks"
Lettered, upper left: "THE | NEW | WEMBLEY | MAY - OCTOBER 1925" ; center right: "BETTER | AND | BRIGHTER" ; lower center: "BRITISH EMPIRE EXHIBITION"
Signed lower right: "V. Hicks"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | genre subject | light | lions | stadiums
- Associated Places:
- Brent | England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Wembley
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.