- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 x 10 1/8in. (19.2 x 25.7cm) and Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 1/8 inches (19.4 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "a"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in graphite, lower left: "Laroon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fencers | sporting art | swords
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Drawing in England from Hilliard to Hogarth (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-09 - 1987-11-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Drawing in England from Hilliard to Hogarth (British Museum, 1987-06-17 - 1987-08) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]