A Youth Carrying a Basket
- Materials & Techniques:
- Red chalk and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 7 1/2in. (29.5 x 19.1cm), Sheet: 11 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (29.5 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "M. Laroon 1653-1702"
Watermark: Bend; collector's mark: Henry Scipio Reitlinger (Lugt 2274a)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | boy | figure study | hunching | youth
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Marcellus Laroon the Younger, (senior), 1679–1772, British, A Youth Carrying a Basket, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.