- Night Walkers Brought before a Justice of the Peace
- ca. 1740
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/16 x 9 1/2in. (18.9 x 24.1cm) and Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (19.1 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and pen and brown ink, lower center: "Night Walkers brought before a Justice of the peace."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crowd | genre subject | men
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Marcellus Laroon the Younger, 1679–1772, British, Night Walkers Brought before a Justice of the Peace, ca. 1740
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.