Two Children and a dog, called Marcellus and John Laroon
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 9/16 x 7 1/2in. (24.3 x 19.1cm) and Sheet: 10 5/8 × 7 3/4 inches (27 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Design for ye Picture"; in graphite upper right, encircled: "2"; in pen and black ink traced over graphite, lower center: "Marcellus, and John Lauroon or Laroon sons of Old Lauron or Laroon"; inscribed on verso: "sketch for a picture | No. 2"
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis with monogram: B S/L; Paul Mellon collector's mark; unidentified collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bow and arrow | children | dog (animal) | figure study | genre subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Marcellus Laroon the Younger, 1679–1772, British, Two Children and a dog, called Marcellus and John Laroon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.