Portrait Study of Henry Gataker
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 8 inches (18.7 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center :"Mr. Henry Gataker a sketch by | Sr Thomas Lawrence"
Watermark: Brittannia; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | collar | cravat | man | portrait | profile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Thomas Lawrence, 1769–1830, British, Portrait Study of Henry Gataker, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.