Study of an Arrangement of Anemones
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (24.1 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left to upper right: "Med. Brown. Purple Fo Scarlet Fo | rich Yellow White. White. [ . . . ] Part | Purple Purple | White Purple & White"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Faint Purple. | Deep Purple. | White | Yellow."; in pen and brown ink lower left: "[ . . . ] Moss | Green | Velvet Effect. - "
Paul Mellon collector's mark; watermark: Brittannia
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anemones | botanical subject | flower arrangement | flowers (plants) | inscriptions | moss | still life | vase
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Sir Thomas Lawrence, 1769–1830, British, Study of an Arrangement of Anemones, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.