- View near Palermo
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 19 1/8 inches (31.8 x 48.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "No. 1-"; inscribed on verso in graphite: lower left: "May 8 1847"; in graphite, lower right: "palerma | No. 3 24 x 19 | Be sure to mount marks right and bottom."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | hills | landscape | rocks (landforms) | sea | sky | studies (visual works)
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Palermo | Sicily | Tyrrhenian Sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, View near Palermo, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.