Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta, 2:15 p.m. (April 3, 1866)
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thck, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 14 1/4 inches (24.4 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center left: [...] | "dark"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink center [...]; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "Rocky Valley of Mosta | Malta. | 2.15. Malta. | April 3 1866"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower center: "sometimes water"; in artist's hand lower right in pen and brown ink: "276"; in artist's hand lower right in graphite: "PM"
T.E.Lowinsky collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | road | rocks (landforms) | sky | valley (landform) | vegetation
- Associated Places:
- Malta | Mosta
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Rocky Valley of Mosta, Malta, 2:15 p.m. (April 3, 1866), 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.