IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Luttrell, active 1680–1724, British, Keay Nabee Naia-wi-Praia & Keay Abi Jaya Sedana, Ambassadors from the Sultan of Bantam to His Majesties of Great Britain, 1682
Keay Nabee Naia-wi-Praia & Keay Abi Jaya Sedana, Ambassadors from the Sultan of Bantam to His Majesties of Great Britain
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 x 8 inches (16.3 x 20.3 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: “Keay Nabee Naia-wi-praia & Keay Abi jaya Sedana | Ambassadors from the Sultan of Bantam to his Matte: of Great Britain, 1682 | Both drawen from the life at the Dukes Theatre by E Luttrell and Sold by I Smith, in Russell Street.”
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ambassadors | double portrait | fez | men | portrait | turban
- Associated People:
- Kiai Ngabehi Jaya Sedana (fl. 1682), Javanese ambassador to Charles II
Kiai Ngabi Naya Wipraya (fl. 1682), Javanese ambassador from the Sultan of Banten to Charles II
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.