Rev. John Caspar Lavater (1787-1801)
- Additional Title(s):
Rev. John Caspar Lavater of Zurich. Born 1741. Died 1801.
- Line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 14 3/8 × 11 9/16 inches (36.5 × 29.4 cm) and Image: 10 1/16 × 8 3/8 inches (25.6 × 21.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "40."; lower right: "Fine | Blake"
Lettered, in black ink, lower right (below image): "Blake Sculp.t"; lower center: "REV. JOHN CASPAR LAVATER. | of Zurich. Born 1741. Died 1801. | Pub.d May 1. 1800 by J. Johnson, in Saint Paul's Church Yard. London. from a Drawing in his [pssession, taken in 1787~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | coats | cravat | curls | engraving (printing process) | man | nose | oval | portrait | profile | reverend | theologian
- Associated People:
- Lavater, John Caspar (1741-1801), theologian
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Rev. John Caspar Lavater (1787-1801), 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.