- Figures and Boats on the Thames
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper with thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper border, mounted on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 34 7/8 inches (29.8 x 88.6 cm) and Mount: 13 5/8 x 37 1/8 inches (34.6 x 94.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper right: "No.22."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund, in honor of John Baskett
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | boats | cityscape | dock | dog (animal) | figures | genre subject | leisure | men | river
- Associated Places:
- England | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, Figures and Boats on the Thames, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.