IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Design for Bridge over Great Western Road, ca. 1826
Design for Bridge over Great Western Road
- ca. 1826
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, brown and gray wash on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/16 × 8 15/16 inches (18.9 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in feint graphite, lower center: "12 feet" and "45 feet"
Watermark: C Wilmott 1820
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | genre subject | road | underpass | wagon
- Associated Places:
- Glasgow | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Jane Roberts, Royal Landscape, The Gardens and Parks of Windsor , Yale University Press, New Haven; London, 1997, pp. 489-490, no. 533, SB466 G8 R57 1997 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.