IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, A View of the Estate at Esholt Hall, Yorkshire, undated
A View of the Estate at Esholt Hall, Yorkshire
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 33 5/8 inches (40 x 85.4 cm), Mount: 19 x 36 3/4 inches (48.3 x 93.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper center: "A View of Esholt Yorkshire.._"; in artist's hand in pen and brown ink upper right: "No.13."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund, in honor of John Baskett
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | country house | hall | hills | homes | horses (animals) | landscape | stagecoach | trees | view
- Associated Places:
- England | Eshott Hall | Felton | Northumberland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.