Portrait of Thomas Estcourt Esq. of Estcourt
- Graphite blue and red chalk on medium, smooth, brown wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 8 3/8 inches (26.4 x 21.3 cm), Mount: 13 1/4 x 11 1/8 inches (33.7 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "H Eldridge 1806"; inscribed on back of mount in graphite upper center: "Thomas Estcourt Esq of Estcourt | by Edridge 1806"; on back of mount in graphite lower right: "153"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink lower right: "H Edridge 1806"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | chairs | drapes | inkwells | man | pens | portrait
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Edridge, 1769–1821, British, Portrait of Thomas Estcourt Esq. of Estcourt, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.