Portrait of Thomas Estcourt Esq. of Estcourt
- Graphite blue and red chalk on medium, brown, smooth wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 8 3/8 inches (26.4 x 21.3 cm) and Mount: 13 1/4 x 11 1/8 inches (33.7 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "H Eldridge 1806"; inscribed on back of mount in graphite upper center: "Thomas Estcourt Esq of Estcourt | by Edridge 1806"; on back of mount in graphite lower right: "153"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink lower right: "H Edridge 1806"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | chairs | drapes | inkwells | man | pens | portrait
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Edridge, 1769–1821, British, Portrait of Thomas Estcourt Esq. of Estcourt, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.