- Isola Bella and Lago Maggiore
- Watercolor on medium, cream, moderately textured wove paper mounted on thick, white, moderately textured wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 14 3/8 inches (21.9 x 36.5 cm) and Mount: 10 7/8 x 16 1/4 inches (27.6 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "Isola Madre Lago Maggiore."; in artist's hand in graphite lower rigth: "M Parker 1827"; inscribed on back of mount in pen and black ink upper left: "L71.2.25"; in pen and blue ink lower center: "Mary Parker Lady Leighton 1827"
Signed in artist's hand in graphite lower right; "M Parker 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | island | lake | landscape | mountains | sailboats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Isola Bella | Italy | Lago Maggiore | Novara | Novara | Piemonte
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Lady Mary Leighton, active 1832–1864, British, Isola Bella and Lago Maggiore, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.