Isola Bella and Lago Maggiore
- Former Title(s):
Isola Bella (Lago Maggiore)
- Additional Title(s):
Isola Madre Lago Maggiore
- Watercolor on medium, cream, moderately textured wove paper mounted on thick, white, moderately textured wove paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 14 3/8 inches (21.9 x 36.5 cm) and Mount: 10 7/8 x 16 1/4 inches (27.6 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "Isola Madre Lago Maggiore."; in artist's hand in graphite lower rigth: "M Parker 1827"; inscribed on back of mount in pen and black ink upper left: "L71.2.25"; in pen and blue ink lower center: "Mary Parker Lady Leighton 1827"
Signed in artist's hand in graphite lower right; "M Parker 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | island | lake | landscape | mountains | sailboats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Isola Bella | Italy | Lago Maggiore | Novara | Novara | Piemonte
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lady Mary Leighton, active 1832–1864, British, Isola Bella and Lago Maggiore, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.