Sketch of a Horse
- Former Title(s):
Horse from Rear
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk on thin, smooth, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 13 7/8 inches (25.1 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "Bevan | d'offa[...]"; on back in graphite upper right: "C686"; on back in graphite lower left: "C-695 DL-392"; on back in graphite lower right: "33961A | pink"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | horse (animal) | rear
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, Sketch of a Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.