Building on a Hill
- Brown wash with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 8 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (22.5 x 29.8 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (14.3 × 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "21 14TO(?) | UBD"; on mount, lower right: "John Martin"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "John Martin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | cliffs | fortress | hill | landscape | mountain | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.