Building on a Hill
- Brown wash with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Mount: 8 7/8 x 11 3/4 inches (22.5 x 29.8 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/8 × 8 7/8 inches (14.3 × 22.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "21 14TO(?) | UBD"; on mount, lower right: "John Martin"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "John Martin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | cliffs | fortress | hill | landscape | mountain | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.