The Quwwat-ul-Islam (or Might of Islam) mosque and the Iron Pillar of Delhi, Qtub Minar complex
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11 1/4 inches (22.2 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "22 | Delhi"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | mosque | pillar | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Delhi | India | iron pillar | Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, The Quwwat-ul-Islam (or Might of Islam) mosque and the Iron Pillar of Delhi, Qtub Minar complex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.