Study of a Woman Sewing
- Additional Title(s):
Woman Sewing and Other Studies
- Watercolor, gouache and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 13 11/16 × 17 inches (34.8 × 43.2 cm) and 12 5/16 × 10 inches (31.3 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "20 | 5 | 12) 100 (8 1/4 | 96 | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "28"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "D/G 13081"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "C-1021"
Watermark, and In black ink, lower right: artist's monogram stamp: "RPB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | figure study | genre subject | hands | interior | portrait | seamstress | sewing | sketches | studies | woman
- Associated People:
- Baty, Edith Halina "Halszka" (née Bevan) (1898-1984), Daughter of Robert Polhill "Bob" Bevan and Stanislawa "Stasia" de Karlowska
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
A Decade of Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2017-06-01 - 2017-08-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]