Study of a Woman Sewing
- Additional Title(s):
Woman Sewing and Other Studies
- Watercolor, gouache and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 × 17 inches (34.8 × 43.2 cm) and Image: 12 5/16 × 10 inches (31.3 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center right: "20 | 5 | 12) 100 (8 1/4 | 96 | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "28"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "D/G 13081"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "C-1021"
Watermark, and In black ink, lower right: artist's monogram stamp: "RPB"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | figure study | genre subject | interior | portrait | seamstress | sketches | studies | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Polhill Bevan, 1865–1925, British, Study of a Woman Sewing, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.