The Infant Balthasar Carlos
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 1/8 inches (19.1 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "SR (encircled) | A.22165H | 1696"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | cape | child | curtains | drapery | interior | portrait | robe | royalty | standing
- Associated People:
- Balthasar Charles (1629–1646), Prince of Asturias, Prince of Girona, Duke of Montblanc, Count of Cervera and Lord of Balaguer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, The Infant Balthasar Carlos, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.