The Infant Balthasar Carlos
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 6 1/8 inches (19.1 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "SR (encircled) | A.22165H | 1696"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | cape | child | curtains | drapery | interior | portrait | robe | royalty | standing
- Associated People:
- Balthasar Charles (1629-1646), Prince of Asturias, Prince of Girona, Duke of Montblanc, Count of Cervera and Lord of Balaguer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, The Infant Balthasar Carlos, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.