The Bridge at St. Valery
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 7/8 x 6 5/16 inches (9.8 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "St Valery"; on back, center left: "2609 (encircled)"; on mount, lower right: "F/M 2 1/2 AA 16124 v/c"; on back of mount, lower right: "4381-Torson | 3506"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | arches | architectural subject | bridge (built work)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Haute-Normandie | Saint-Valéry-en-Caux | Seine-Maritime, Département de la
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, The Bridge at St. Valery, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.