IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Folkestone, undated
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 9 1/2 × 12 3/8 inches (24.2 × 31.4 cm), Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 5/8 inches (21.9 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Mc 0880"; on back of mount, lower left: "68"; on back of mount, lower center: "SC345 KC158 Folkstone after Turner."
Signed in red chalk, lower right: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | marine art | men | sailboat | sea | seamen
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Folkestone | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.