Raphael receiving the money of Tobias from Gabael: Tobit 9:5
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 7 x 9 9/16 inches (17.8 x 24.3 cm) and 5 5/16 x 8 inches (13.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper left: "[...] | 21 1/2. 6"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "WO 2107"; on back, center right: "4"; in brown ink, on back, lower center: "Tobit Cap. 9 V. 5."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | archangels | bag | camels (mammals) | colonnade | columns | men | money | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | stairs | the book of Tobit | the piety of the old Tobit (Tobit 1:10-22)
- Associated People:
- Gabriel (Archangel)
Tobias, son of Tobit and Anna
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Raphael receiving the money of Tobias from Gabael: Tobit 9:5, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.