Raphael receiving the money of Tobias from Gabael: Tobit 9:5
- Pen and brown ink and brown wash on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 7 x 9 9/16 inches (17.8 x 24.3 cm) and Sheet: 5 5/16 x 8 inches (13.5 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper left: "[...] | 21 1/2. 6"; in graphite, on back, upper center: "WO 2107"; on back, center right: "4"; in brown ink, on back, lower center: "Tobit Cap. 9 V. 5."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | archangels | bag | camels (mammals) | colonnade | columns | men | money | Old Testament | religious and mythological subject | stairs | the book of Tobit | the piety of the old Tobit (Tobit 1:10-22)
- Associated People:
- Gabriel (Archangel)
Tobias, son of Tobit and Anna
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Carwitham, active 1723, British, Raphael receiving the money of Tobias from Gabael: Tobit 9:5, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.