Time raising Truth, after Rubens’s “The Triumph of Truth”
- Additional Title(s):
Angel and a Woman Ascending
Verso: Henri IV and Marie de’Medici, after Rubens’s "The Marriage by Proxy of Marie de’Medici and Henri IV"
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 11 15/16 inches (20.3 x 30.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | angel | figure study | flying | gesture | gown | king (person) | man | marriage | nude | queen (person) | religious and mythological subject | royalty | time | truth | wedding | wings | women
- Associated People:
- Henry IV (1553–1610), King of France and King of Navarre
de' Medici, Marie (1575–1642), Queen consort of France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Richard Cosway, 1742–1821, British, Time raising Truth, after Rubens’s “The Triumph of Truth”, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.