The Miller's Cottage at Chatsworth, Derbyshire: Front Elevation with Alternative Roof Design
- after 1818
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite on slightly textured, medium, cream wove paper bar scale of 1/4 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet (with flier): 14 9/16 × 20 7/8 inches (37 × 53 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The South Front of the Miller's Cottage"; in graphite, lower center: "floor raised from the | ground or [...] and of the | [?drawing]"; in graphite, lower center: "The South Front of the"; in graphite, lower center: "To front [...]"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper right: "East | or front next | the River"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, The Miller's Cottage at Chatsworth, Derbyshire: Front Elevation with Alternative Roof Design, after 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.