The Miller's Cottage at Chatsworth, Derbyshire: Front Elevation with Alternative Roof Design
- after 1818
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite on slightly textured, medium, cream wove paper bar scale of 1/4 inch to 1 foot
- 14 9/16 × 20 7/8 inches (37 × 53 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The South Front of the Miller's Cottage"; in graphite, lower center: "floor raised from the | ground or [...] and of the | [?drawing]"; in graphite, lower center: "The South Front of the"; in graphite, lower center: "To front [...]"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper right: "East | or front next | the River"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, The Miller's Cottage at Chatsworth, Derbyshire: Front Elevation with Alternative Roof Design, after 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.