- Pen and brown ink and gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Mount: 10 1/2 × 14 inches (26.7 × 35.6 cm) and Sheet: 6 1/8 × 7 5/8 inches (15.6 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "D 24948"
Unidentified collector's stamp, in black ink, on mount, lower left: flower shape within circle
Signed in black ink, on mount, lower left: "Rowlandson"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | chairs | child | eating | family | father | genre subject | interior | man | mother | peasants | table | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Domestic Interior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.