Studies of Heads
- Additional Title(s):
- Pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 × 4 1/2 inches (18.1 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, upper center: "[...] Belworth 0-5-0 | shawl 2-2-0 | garters 0-2-6 | white veil 0-5-6 | green ds. 0-3-8 | ribbon 0-0-9 1/2 | pincushion 0-1-0 | basin [...] lever 0-0-6 | book 0-11-0 | pencils 0-3-6 | colours 0-6-0 | India rubber 0-0-0 | 4-1-1/2 | letter covers 0-1-1/2 | 4-[...]-1/2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | heads | men | sketches | studies | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Sir David Wilkie, 1785–1841, British, Studies of Heads, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.