Struggle Between Man and Horse
- Pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 10 1/4 inches (20 × 26.1 cm)
artist's stamp of Giulio Aristide Sartorio, in magenta ink, lower center; unidentified collector's stamp, in magenta ink, on back, lower right: "SG" in circle
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower rigt: "GIULIO ARISTIDE SARTORIO"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fighting | figure study | horse (animal) | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Giulio Aristide Sartorio, 1860–1932, Italian, Struggle Between Man and Horse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.