- Gray wash, black wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/16 × 19 5/8 inches (33.5 × 49.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "George Heriot"; inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower center: "North Aspect of Furness Abbey."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cattle | church | Cistercian | cows | figures | ghosts | men | monastery | pointing | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Barrow-in-Furness | Cumbria | England | Furness Abbey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.