Design for Costume of Macduff
- Watercolor on medium, cream, smooth wove paper
- 12 5/8 x 8 3/8 inches (32.1 x 21.3 cm) and 19 7/8 x 15 7/8 inches (50.5 x 40.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "Design for Costume of | Macduff. | by Gordon Craig"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right; "max 1919"; on back of mount in graphite center: "29 | [...]80"
Signed lower right: "max"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Max Beerbohm, 1872–1956, British, Design for Costume of Macduff, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.