Design for Costume of Macduff
- Watercolor on medium, cream, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 8 3/8 inches (32.1 x 21.3 cm) and Mount: 19 7/8 x 15 7/8 inches (50.5 x 40.3 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite lower left: "Design for Costume of | Macduff. | by Gordon Craig"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right; "max 1919"; on back of mount in graphite center: "29 | [...]80"
Signed lower right: "max"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | figure study | genre subject
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Max Beerbohm, 1872–1956, British, Design for Costume of Macduff, 1919
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.