Sir Roger de Coverly
- Additional Title(s):
Two Studies for "The Spectator"
Verso: Pen and Ink Sketch
- Pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 7 inches (20 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Sir Roger de Coverly"; on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower center: "Stothard | Mc1044a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | figures | genre subject | heads | men | musician | sketches | still life | violin
- Associated People:
- Sir Roger de Coverley (character in The Spectator, 1711)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Sir Roger de Coverly, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.