IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Stothard, 1755–1834, British, Sir Roger de Coverly, undated
Sir Roger de Coverly
- Additional Title(s):
Two Studies for "The Spectator"
Verso: Pen and Ink Sketch
- Pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 7 inches (20 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "Sir Roger de Coverly"; on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower center: "Stothard | Mc1044a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | figures | genre subject | heads | men | musician | sketches | still life | violin
- Associated People:
- Sir Roger de Coverley (character in The Spectator, 1711)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.