- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, slightly textured, cream board
- 9 3/4 x 12 1/8 inches (24.7 x 30.8 cm) and 9 1/4 × 11 5/8 inches (23.5 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite and brown ink, lower left: "Delhi"; in graphite, on back of mount, upper right: "B11 (encircled)" | Agnews label on old frame: 24826 | Brabazon: Delhi"; on back of mount, center left: "2129C"; on back of mount, center: "Mc 0213"; on back of mount, center right: "HBB #70 (underlined)"; on back of mount, lower right: "1975 (encircled)"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | city | crowd | figures | genre subject | market (event) | merchants | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Delhi | Delhi metropolitan area | India
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.