- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted to moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 5/8 × 8 inches (27 × 20.3 cm) and 8 × 5 1/8 inches (20.3 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in red ink, lower left: "Cardinal Bentivoglio | Van Dyke"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "87 (encircled)"; on back of mount, upper right: "c (encircled)"; on back of mount, lower left: "c-970"; on back of mount, lower right: "3512"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | cardinal | Catholic | chair | clergy | column (architectural element) | curtains | drapery | interior | man | portrait | robes | seated | vestments
- Associated People:
- Bentivoglio d'Aragona, Guido (1579–1644), Italian cardinal, statesman and historian
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Cardinal Bentivoglio, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.