- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted to moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 10 5/8 × 8 inches (27 × 20.3 cm) and Sheet: 8 × 5 1/8 inches (20.3 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in red ink, lower left: "Cardinal Bentivoglio | Van Dyke"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "87 (encircled)"; on back of mount, upper right: "c (encircled)"; on back of mount, lower left: "c-970"; on back of mount, lower right: "3512"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | Catholic | chair | clergy | column (architectural element) | curtains | drapery | interior | man | portrait | robes | vestments
- Associated People:
- Bentivoglio d'Aragona, Guido (1579–1644), Italian cardinal, statesman and historian
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Cardinal Bentivoglio, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.