Red Fort, New Delhi
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, blue-green wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 11 5/8 inches (18.7 × 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown watercolor, lower left: "Delhi"; on back, upper left: "cream | leillet(?) | P. L/a. | 32. | DL222"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "HBB"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | camels | domes | figures | fort | genre subject | hill | landscape | palace | sea | travel
- Associated Places:
- Delhi | Delhi metropolitan area | India | Old Delhi | Red Fort
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Red Fort, New Delhi, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.