- Grande Chartreuse
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper, mounted on, thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Mount: 13 3/8 × 17 3/16 inches (34 × 43.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 11/16 × 14 7/8 inches (27.1 × 37.8 cm), and Sheet: 9 3/4 x 13 7/8 inches (24.7 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Grand Chartreuse"; on mount, lower right: "FM-26-1 1/2" Fed-No cov"; verso, upper center: "2969 (encircled) | 313 (encircled) | 18 | 2 | Removed from | Book 20"; on back, lower right: "10"; in black ink, on back of mount, lower right: "C-1158 | 4012"; in graphite, verso of mount, lower right: "C-1158 | 4012"
Signed, in graphite, lwoer center: "HBB
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Carthusian | landscape | monastery | mountains | steeples | trees
- Associated Places:
- France | Grande Chartreuse | Isère | Rhône-Alpes | Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Hercules Brabazon Brabazon, 1821–1906, British, Grande Chartreuse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.