Greenwich Village - The Riviera Bar
- Former Title(s):
Rivera Bar, Greenwich Village
- Additional Title(s):
Greenwich Village The Rivera Bar
- Pen and black ink on thin, brown, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 16 7/8 inches (30.2 x 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth | Greenwich Village = The Rivera Bar"; in graphite lower center 9 3/4 10 1/8 | 10 dor"; in graphite lower right: "Background | <...>"; inscribed on back in red crayon lower left: "D8 | 452 7 1/2 ' ' [mla]"; on back in red crayon lower right: "of all this | except caption"
Signed in pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Apartments | bar | buildings | cityscape | gallery | restaurant
- Associated Places:
- Greenwich Village | Kings | Manhattan Island | New York | New York | North and Central America | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, Greenwich Village - The Riviera Bar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.