Greenwich Village - The Riviera Bar
- Former Title(s):
Rivera Bar, Greenwich Village
- Additional Title(s):
Greenwich Village The Rivera Bar
- Pen and black ink on thin, brown, smooth wove paper
- 11 7/8 x 16 7/8 inches (30.2 x 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth | Greenwich Village = The Rivera Bar"; in graphite lower center 9 3/4 10 1/8 | 10 dor"; in graphite lower right: "Background | <...>"; inscribed on back in red crayon lower left: "D8 | 452 7 1/2 ' ' [mla]"; on back in red crayon lower right: "of all this | except caption"
Signed in pen and black ink lower right: "Paul Hogarth"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Joseph F. McCrindle, Yale LLB 1948
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Apartments | architectural subject | bar | buildings | cityscape | gallery | restaurant
- Associated Places:
- Greenwich Village | Kings | Manhattan Island | New York | New York | North and Central America | United States
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Arthur Hogarth, 1917–2001, British, Greenwich Village - The Riviera Bar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.