Cottage at Belton House, Lincolnshire: Plan and Elevation
- Former Title(s):
Belton: Cottage in the Wood
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink, watercolor on slightly textured, medium, white wove paper bar scale of 1/8 inch to 1 foot
- Sheet: 17 3/4 × 12 inches (45.1 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Plan and Elevation of Cottage to be built under the Wood"; in graphite, center: "Lord Brownlow"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Garden | The cottage should be built so | far into the wood as to observe | the back part of it & to admit | the branches of trees to overhang | if placed in a situation with a | few trees before it as at A & B | it would have a better effect"; in pen and brown ink, lower center and lower left, plan labeled; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "AD 272"; in graphite, upper right: "?Belton, but house in | distance suggests alterations"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Sir Jeffry Wyatville, 1766–1840, British, Cottage at Belton House, Lincolnshire: Plan and Elevation, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.