Say "Empire Please"
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 30 x 20 inches (76.2 x 50.8 cm) and Image: 26 3/4 × 17 inches (67.9 × 43.2 cm)
Lettered inside image, upper left: "Douglas England '27"; upper center: "SAY"; lower center: "'EMPIRE PLEASE | S.W.B. 12. Issued by the Empire Marketing Board. | Printed for H.M.Stationary Office by Roberts & Leete, LTD. London, S.E.I."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Henry S. Hacker, Yale BA 1965
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | geometric pattern
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
A Decade of Gifts and Acquisitions (Yale Center for British Art, 2017-06-01 - 2017-08-13) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]