- Ludlow Castle
- between 1765 and 1769
- Watercolor, pen and ink and graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with a thin, slightly textured, blue laid paper border
- Sheet: 18 3/8 x 35 1/2 inches (46.7 x 90.2 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower center: "Esholt Yorkshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | figures | hill | landscape | men | mountains | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Ludlow | Ludlow Castle | Shropshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Scott, 1701/2–1772, British, Ludlow Castle, between 1765 and 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.