- Woman Grooming her Hair
- between 1912 and 1916
- Etching and drypoint prints on thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 10 3/16 inches (34.3 x 25.9 cm), Plate: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm), and Image: 6 7/16 x 6 5/16 inches (16.4 x 16.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Toilet"
Marked with engraver's blindstamp monogram, lower left: "WLH"
Lettered, lower left inside image: "W | LH"
Signed in graphite, lower center: "W Lee-Hankey - inv et del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Gift of Daniel & Pearl K. Bell
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate Of The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | braiding | brushing | evening | genre subject | hair | morning | ribbons | solemn | stripes | thoughtful | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Lee Hankey, 1869–1952, British, Woman Grooming her Hair, between 1912 and 1916
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.